Friday, July 17, 2015

DIY Canvas Art | Sunset on the Beach

Hi Guys! 

I was thinking about what to create for you guys next and this idea just popped in my head. I hope you all like it! :) 




Materials:

Seashells
Rope
Pencil
Charcoal
4 Canvases (I used 8x10 canvases)
2 Spray Paint Colors
Glue Gun
Hot Glue
Computer Paper
Scissors
Cardboard
Paint Brush
Sponge Brush
Mod Podge
Glitter

Instructions:

1) First, you'll need to cut your computer paper to the size of your canvas. Once you have all the pieces, you'll need to draw out your letters. 

If you want to use the LOVE letters I made, you can download the images here 



2) Next, in a well ventilated area place your canvas on a cardboard and spray paint your first color. Here I'm using Coral. Repeat with your second color and here I'm using copper.

Tip: Don't forget to paint the sides and don't spray too close to the canvas :)





3)  After the paint has fully dried, transfer the letters to the canvas.

Tip: Check out DIY Wall Art to find out how to transfer letters




4) Prep the rope by adding glue to the tip and before it's dry, shape the rope. 




5) Glue down the rope. You may have to tighten the rope by twisting it before you lay it down onto the canvas.




6) Once you've finished, cut the rope, shape it like you did in step 4, then cut as close to the canvas as possible. Repeat for the remaining letters.




7) I suggest pre-arranging the shells and taking a photo before you actually glue the shells onto the canvas. Glue down the shells and also glue the open spaces between shells for a secure hold.




8) Once you're happy with the arrangement of the shells, take a paint brush and brush on some mod lodge onto the bottom of the canvas. I wanted a gradient effect, so I sprinkled the glitter lightly on the top and heavy on the bottom.



9) Allow the glitter and glue to completely dry then set the glitter by adding a layer of mod lodge with a sponge brush using a stippling motion.

TIP: Do not drag the brush. The glitter may fall off.



Allow the glue to dry and enjoy your work! :) 



Pin it!



Head over to my youtube channel to find out how you can win the canvas art!



2 comments: