Monday, August 29, 2016

DIY Photo Frame | 2 Ways!

Hey Guys!

Today I’m going to show you how to create two kinds of photo frames using canvases! Say whaaaa?! Yes, canvases! 
This DIY is SO simple to create and I’m confident that anyone can do it.
 



How gorgeous is this?! 

Difficulty: EASY

Materials:
Eraser
Painter’s tape
Your choice of spray paint
Ruler
4 thumbtacks
Pencil
Canvas (I used 16" X 20")
A photo of your choice (I printed 11" X 14" from Adorama.com I highly recommend their metallic prints)

Instructions:


Frame Option 1:

1) With the ruler, I put it against the edges of the canvas and traced along the perimeter with a pencil



2) Add painters tape making sure some of the pencil shows so it can be covered by the spray paint.









3) Once you cover everything, spray paint the canvas. When the paint is dry, remove the painter's tape and you should have something that looks like this:




If you mess up, you can co over it with white paint - just be sure to paint along the inside so there
 isn’t a random white patch. 

4) Using the photo of your choice, find the center of the canvas and pin down the four corners with the thumbtacks.





5) Flip the canvas and add some tape to the back of the thumbtacks to protect the walls. I also added command strips here and here to avoid putting holes in the walls. Once you do that, you’re all done!





Frame Option 2:
For the second frame option, I wanted to match my boys room.

1) I took some left over wallpaper I had and put it on the canvas. I mades sure to have some room on the edges so I can hot glue the wallpaper to the canvas for a more secure hold.






2) I prepped my thumbtacks by painting it a nice gray color to match the theme.





3) Create a border for my photo and placed it on top, on the center of the wallpaper covered canvas.




4) Thumbtack the corners and add tape and command strips to the back of the canvas and you’re all done.



This DIY is so simple and totally customizable!!! I hope you guys enjoy this tutorial. Until next time! :)




PIN ME!



Head over to my YouTube Channel to see how to create these gorgeous frames!



No comments:

Post a Comment