Sunday, October 30, 2016

DIY LED Glittered Pumpkin!

Doesn't this pumpkin look BEAUTIFUL??!



Difficulty: EASY

Materials:
Pumpkin (1 Large and 2 Small)
Glitter
Modpodge
Highlighter
LED Lights
Foil Paper
Tape


Tools:
Drill
Drill Bit
Paint Brush
Pencil

Instructions:

1) Paint your pumpkin white (if it’s not white already). I did several layers - about 3 to make it fully opaque.



2) Lay out the pattern - I used a pen. I made an impression on the parts where I wanted the holes. I eyeballed about 1 to 1.5 inches from the hole to make another impression on the bottom and repeated for the third row. 




3) Take a drill bit and drilled in the impressions. I do wish I made the holes bigger so the light penetrates through the pumpkin.



4) Flip the pumpkin upside down and make a hole about the size of your fist. 



5) Flip and start glittering the top! I used a paint brush to guide where the modpodge went so it wouldn’t cover up the holes.


6) Add heavy glitter until I covered a little less than half the pumpkin then I softly let out the glitter so it can have a gradient effect. Paint the holes with black paint so the tan in the holes blend in with the glitter as you can see here. 



7) Next, I take the LED lights and added them inside. the light and stuck them inside the pumpkin. Since the light didn’t shine through as I wanted to, I decided to stick the lights through the holes. I added the cluster of LED lights and covered with foil in the hopes that it would emit a stronger light but the extra LEDs didn’t really help. I later took it out and it looks just fine. 



8) I did some accent pumpkins by taking a light colored highlighter and making a pattern. I wanted to do polka dots so I took the end of the pencil, dipped it into the modpodge, dabbed the pumpkin, and added glitter. Once the dots are dry, I pulled up the stem, added modpodge, and glittered that as well.






Well, there you have it! a beautiful LED pumpkin with some accent mini pumpkins! I hope you guys enjoyed this tutorial. 



PIN ME!



Head over to my YouTube channel to learn how to create this Glittered Pumpkin!



No comments:

Post a Comment